Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID
New to the forums? Well met! Please read the following rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay. Until swords part, friend!

Davaeorn the Ankheg

KeithSKeithS Posts: 535Member, Moderator, BGEE Team Member
edited July 2012 in Fixed
He appears to be incorrectly labelled as an Ankheg

--

Changed Race from Ankheg to Human in DAVEO.CRE

(Originally found and fixed in EasyTutu)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Posts: 2,596Member, Moderator, BGEE Team Member, Beta Tester
    Confirmed.
    CameronTofer
  • TanthalasTanthalas Posts: 6,738Member, Beta Tester
    edited June 2012
    Are these labels visible in the game, aka, are these the labels that appear as tooltips?
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
    TurnipTheGenerator
  • KeithSKeithS Posts: 535Member, Moderator, BGEE Team Member
    They're really only visible in tools. However, the reason I'm fixing them is they might cause certain spells not to work properly on the CRE (for example - Hold Person).
    Brimstone
    edited July 2012
    @KeithS
    Ah ok.
    TurnipTheGenerator
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Posts: 250Administrator, BGEE Team Member
    So this is confirmed fixed?
  • WinthalWinthal Posts: 366Member
    maybe he was flagged as an ankheg as a quick way to make him immune to spells like hold person (that would make the fight too easy)?
  • technophobetechnophobe Posts: 68Member
    Too many of the enemies had inexplicable immunities like this. Daveaorn is a particularly egregious offender.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Posts: 1,272Member
    that probally also makes it so he will be immune to the charm spells as well, he does dish out 6000 xp so he shouldnt be an easy enemy i would think
  • QuartzQuartz Posts: 3,105Member
    Wow, he had me fooled! Davaeorn was an awfully human looking ankheg. That's a heck of a disguise.
  • AshielAshiel Posts: 134Member
    Glad to see this fixed. Nonsensical immunities are good for no one. It's bad in tabletop and bad in games.
    Knettgummi
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Posts: 136Member
    I agree, @Ashiel. If the ankheg type was used to give Davaeorn some arbitrary immunities, I'd rather see it removed and then maybe give him a magic resistance buff to make up for it. That way it'd still be hard to just hose the fight with hold/charm spells, but there would at least be a realistic chance of lucking out.

The Davaeorn fight was always one of my favorite BG battles, he should be a tough challenge.
  • AshielAshiel Posts: 134Member
    He was incredibly challenging the last time I played BG through that portion, and my group was a bit OP in my opinion. Of course, I had the improved AI packs like SC-Strategems from Gibberlings 3, and he would speak to the party on sight. He then kept using some pretty nasty tactics IMO. Honestly, a mage who is using good AI is a terrible force to reckon with, and doesn't need extra immunities, resistances, or other illegal advantages.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Posts: 1,272Member
    sometimes i kill him with my level 3 party, that makes that battle really fun, because it makes it hard as hell
    Ashiel
  • Sese79Sese79 Posts: 478Member
    What happened to Davaeorn then? He received magical items to duplicate the immunities? For 6000 XP it should as be hard as it was. I think I read somewhere that You could duplicate the effects. Am I right?
    edited November 2012
    @Sese79

He actually already had an item with those the effects. The Ankheg race wasn't doing anything for him.
  • Sese79Sese79 Posts: 478Member
    Really? Thanks.