Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition patch 1.4 released! Korean and Russian localizations now available. Read all about it HERE.
New to the forums? Well met! Please read the following rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay. Until swords part, friend!

What Android devices should we prioritize our development for?

TrentOsterTrentOster Posts: 239Administrator, Moderator, Developer
edited March 2013 in Android (Archive)
We're trying to sort out the order we attack the various devices in terms of development and testing.
Please only comment to add a new device to the list.
Post edited by TrentOster on

What Android devices should we prioritize our development for?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.
AristilliusJalilyfooflamfinnAntoncmk24DiscoCatChetNordomBaldurdashJondanSchnitzelCyramboAndreaColomboAnduinDullSkullTheSecondRavuletCrevsDaaksqualltheonlylolien

Comments

• jbeigejbeige Posts: 2Member
    Toshiba Thrive 10"!!! Please! Or any Tegra2 device, and hopefully I can get it to work..
    diggerb
  • secretfiresecretfire Posts: 43Member
    edited March 2013
    JXD s7300, (Chip: Amlogic MX (Cortex A9 CPU, ARM mali400 GPU), Dual core, 1.5GHz
    DDR: 1GB DDR3, Screen: 7.0-inch (diagonal) LCD, 1024*600 pixel) --- http://www.willgoo.com/jxd-s7300-dual-core-hd-gamepad2-dual-joystick-lr-buttons-8gb-p-306.html

Edit: Has better specs then the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-Inch - so I'm going to assume it will run BGEE if that can. This is one of the better-selling and more high-end "chineese gaming tablets" on the market; it has buttons and so on for playing emulated games and such. There are a lot of devices 'like' this, but for now, this is the most popular/baseline of them.
    Post edited by secretfire on
  • AremorAremor Posts: 1Member
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1
    Siriomchacu669trumpettijonasnicholls
  • BethrezenBethrezen Posts: 1Member
    Nexus 7 is a great well rounder and I think that it should be the prime tablet.
    qu4ttroXijekaephex
  • sepottersepotter Posts: 367Member
    edited March 2013
    I want it for "Asus Transformer TF101"
    Post edited by sepotter on
    rejoperejoqu4ttrogiantyak
  • SiriomSiriom Posts: 12Member
    Aremor said:

Samsung Galaxy Note 1

What he said.
    trumpetti
  • FungostarFungostar Posts: 178Member, BG:EE Beta
    Please make it run on baseline reference devices, all other will come as a consequence.
    etotheodiggerb
  • AristilliusAristillius Posts: 857Member
    Hum, after the thread was made an announcement my post disappear, so I ask again: Will there by some synergy effects between working on the Nexus and Asus tablets? Arent those tablets on similar specs?

Voted ASUS tf300 myself =)
    mikeneame
  • inYokainYoka Posts: 4Member
    Asus Transformer TF101, please
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Posts: 1,583Member, IWD:EE Beta
    My post disappeared too.
    Anyway-voted for Motorola Xoom, but I have a Xoom2/Xyboard (Similar and a bit better than ipad2/samsung galaxy tab 10.1 of that time)
  • CreepingJudasCreepingJudas Posts: 1Member
    Not on the list but Tab 2 10.1
  • cmk24cmk24 Posts: 258Member, IWD:EE Beta
    Asus Transformer TF101
  • KubusKubus Posts: 15Member
    TF201 :) Voted for the TF300 with nearly the same specs, would be really nice to play this on easter!
    mikeneame
  • ozzykidrozzykidr Posts: 1Member
    Samsung note 2 and transformer tf700
    noonoo
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Posts: 1,334Member
    How uniform are Android devices? Is the multi-platform testing needed because of hardware specs or for the OS?
  • meyerjgmeyerjg Posts: 1Member
    Nexus 10 all the way!!
    matthileoEspionage724
  • k8eycatk8eycat Posts: 21Member

Not on the list but Tab 2 10.1

This. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. I have several friends that have them and we've all been waiting for the Android release.

Please?
    A1DoggsSavogensis
  • ChetChet Posts: 54Member
    I voted Asus Transformer TF700, but I just want to add that I have the keyboard and trackpad dock.
  • RetrotimRetrotim Posts: 1Member
    Nex10 is a must device.
    matthileoEspionage724
  • diggerbdiggerb Posts: 130Member
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (1) 10.1
  • ansayaminaansayamina Posts: 4Member
    edited March 2013
    Siriom said:

Aremor said:

Samsung Galaxy Note 1

This, very much. GemRB works great on it, and so will BGEE.
    What he said.
    Also, 1,280 x 800 resolution, stylus and portability. Sure, Note II can be as good but lot's of people didn't upgrade when new model came out.
    Post edited by ansayamina on
  • laneislaneis Posts: 6Member
    galaxy note 2 !
    jjb
  • HemiHemi Posts: 8Member
    Nexus 10 or any tablet with mali-xxx
  • palpatine87palpatine87 Posts: 4Member
    Got chinese 9,7' tablet with Boxchip A10, 1.5GHz Cortex A8 CPU and 1024x768 resolution, probably has enough juice to get bgee going, but does google approval it so I could download bgee from googleplay after release, is totally different story
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • ThomaswThomasw Posts: 14Member
    Of all the people I know with android tablets, the nexus 7 is the most common by far.
    qu4ttro
  • ansayaminaansayamina Posts: 4Member
    Thomasw said:

Of all the people I know with android tablets, the nexus 7 is the most common by far.

That's USA. On european side of the pond Samsungs devices are winning the popularity contest.
  • ThomaswThomasw Posts: 14Member

Thomasw said:

That's USA. On european side of the pond Samsungs devices are winning the popularity contest.
    I am in the UK. I don't actually know anyone with a Samsung tablet, whereas I know of 5 people (including) with nexus 7's. I know this is probably not representative of the whole country, just merely my experience. I would actually say most people in the UK have Ipads, which is irrelevant for this poll :)
    decado
  • anonymous123anonymous123 Posts: 1Member
    Asus Transformer TF201 - this is still a major device, and likely owned by many of your core demographic.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Posts: 615Member

Got chinese 9,7' tablet with Boxchip A10, 1.5GHz Cortex A8 CPU and 1024x768 resolution, probably has enough juice to get bgee going, but does google approval it so I could download bgee from googleplay after release, is totally different story

I agree i'm 100% positive my Nook HD could run it, but Nook HD's cannot do googleplay, It would have to be bought through Barnes & Noble's site directly. So the chances that it will be available for me is pretty much zip.